Xiaomi’s latest flagships – the Mi Mix and the Mi Note 2 – are now getting a stable ROM version of MIUI 8.2. The new software update was announced a couple of days ago, and it’s already available on quite a few devices.
MIUI 8.2 improves on various areas of the popular MIUI launcher. While there is nothing major, all the improvements do matter and will make for an even better MIUI experience. Here is the complete MIUI 8.2 changelog, though you should know we’ve left out all those fixed bugs – these are just the new features.
- Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications
- UI adjustments for toggles
- Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
- Improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
- Brand new system sounds and ringtones
- Home screen settings added to the Settings
- Get full control over automated tasks
- Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play
- Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode
MIUI 8.2 is now available on Xiaomi Mi Mix and Mi Note 2. Xiaomi Mi 5 is next in line to get the update. The v8.2 has been already available on most of the older Mi and Redmi phones.